worth getting lost for
Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Now are we all beautiful ladies or what?!
hahahaha!!! I got an email of the pics from
Len today, and I excitedly logged on to blogger to compose a post. This definitely deserves a kwento, and my husband isn't home yet, which gives me time on the laptop. hee!
Last Saturday, I met up with five of the funniest and loveliest ladies around. Our friendship started in
w@w, where at one point in time, all of us were busy planning our weddings. One by one, we left w@w, except for
Mai, who has developed an insatiable appetite for the drama of weddings, and
Laine, whose wedding is still up and coming. But we've remained friends online, and I thank the heavens for blogging.
I got to Finio (our meeting place) at 1pm, and I'm quite proud of myself for having driven all the way over to Morato. Paranaque to Morato is no joke, and with
Clarice's directions, I found myself lost. hahahaha! I realized I was lost when I was looking at (and driving away from) GMA7 from more than 20 feet up in the air, when I know I should be turning at that corner. I knew I shouldn't have gone up that bridge. Damn.
But anyhoo, like I told the girls when I got there, it's ok and I'm alive. I've already met Laine, Mai and
Abie before, but it was the first time I met Len and Clarice. It was so much fun, and our table was never quiet. We just kept gabbing and gabbing and eating and laughing! We talked about a load of things, but one that instantly comes to mind now is...magneto man! hahahaha! The girls know what I'm talking about. Oh...we did dabble a bit on dead toenails too. And a certain "multi-careered" person. hee!
The lunch ended all too soon, but we all talked of doing a repeat. I was quick to tell them that it had to be somewhere else. heehee! So it looks like Jack's Loft in Eastwood. Right, girls? Can't wait, can't wait!!!
*****Side kwento.
I interviewed an applicant this morning, and it was one of the highlights of my day. I mean, I do interviews quite often, but this one was special. It was going quite well, actually. He seemed calm. Relaxed. Confident. Maybe it helped that he was playing around with his Pilot Vtech pen. He may not have realized though, that as he fiddled with the pen, the ink seemed to have seeped out. He may also not have realized that he now had ink all over his hands. And I'm quite sure he didn't realize this as he innocently swiped at his nose.
And so for the duration of the latter half of our interview, he had a big black smudge of ink on his nose. I had to consciously remind myself to look at his eyes when he spoke, and not at his nose. I know I should have said something to the poor fellow, but imagine his mortification that he did something that stupid during his interview. It's mortifying. So I kept quiet. And accepted his application.
It was the least I could do. haha!