Our Wedding Kwento (and Sign Off from W@W)
Friday, May 27, 2005
I posted this in
w@w last night, and I'd like to share this with you guys as well. Damn, this made me nostalgic...
*****It has been almost a month since our wedding, and Schmuck and I are still on a high! I am loving every minute of married life, and I love being a wife to my wonderful husband.
I thought it befitting to sign off from w@w with our wedding kwento. After all, this is where it all started. When Schmuck proposed in May 2, 2004, one of the first preps-related thing I did was to join w@w. I learned about this group from fellow w@wie Reena (ni Dan), and since joining, it has been fabulous! I've met and made so many friends here. This is also where I learned about (and got addicted to) blogging. Incidentally, if you have time and would like to read about how we got together and how Schmuck proposed, you can follow these links to my pre-wedding blog:
how we got togetherour engagement storyI enjoyed the year of wedding preparations tremendously. I was a very hands-on bride. I decided on each and every detail of our wedding, and as my father-in-law likes to tell family and friends, "it was a beautiful wedding meticulously planned by the bride." hahahaha! Schmuck was such an understanding fiance, but I always tried to be considerate of his feelings, especially since we shouldered all the expenses of our wedding, and his share of our wedding budget was much bigger than mine. hee! We chose all our suppliers, basing our decision on their expertise in their respective fields, but always considering our rapport with them. We felt that the year flew by so fast, and it's weird but even with a year of preps, I was still stressed during the last few weeks before the wedding. I guess I may have slacked off during the first quarter of 2005, and things were really toxic at work, so I still crammed on stuff like my guest sheets, entourage gifts and my bridal shoes, etc.
Schmuck and I finally took our leaves from the office just two days (Thu-Fri) before our wedding. We spent Thursday just buying the entourage gifts. We then spent the evening printing and cutting the guest sheets, and wrapping the entourage gifts. Then on Friday afternoon, we both checked in na at Vivere Suites. I stepped out of the hotel in the late afternoon to have a manicure/pedicure/leg wax. When I got back to the hotel, my gown was already delivered and when I saw it on the body form, I was stumped. It was so beautiful, and I remember getting butterflies in my tummy from just looking at it. I remember thinking "This is it! This is it!".
The night before the wedding, I was mentally going through my checklist to see if I had everything I needed. I texted my coords if everything was ok and if they had problems. I was relieved when they promptly texted back that everything was set and that there were no problems. With that, I went to bed at about 11pm.
April 30, Wedding Day, 7am
I woke up and braced myself for the nervousness or anxiety to set in. Surprisingly, I was calm. Took a shower and had breakfast with my folks. I remember enjoying my breakfast tremendously, but worrying about needing to poop while already wearing my gown. bwahahahaha! When I got back to the room, Schmuck called and we greeted each other happy wedding day! He was also checking whether I had gotten back from breakfast so he could go and eat already. I told him kasi that we can't see each other before the wedding, so we had to make sure we didn't bump into each other at the resto!
930am
The four ladies of Impromptu Events arrived, and there was a lot of shrieking and giggling. You know naman what happens when a bunch of girls get together and get excited about something. We had a little briefing about the events of the day, and I updated them on some last minute changes in the guest list. I was expecting Denise to arrive in half an hour, and the coords called her to check where she is. On the way na raw.
It was also during this time that I started receiving text messages from friends, all wishing us a wonderful wedidng day. I got text messages from w@wies Len (ni Edward), Laine (ni Ralph) and Mai (ni Joel).
1030am
Tita Cecil arrived with the flowers, and I was speechless. The flowers were soooooo beautiful! All the entourage bouquets were in a huge box, while mine was separated and put in a vase with water. My bouquet was exactly how I envisioned it to be. The peonies were in that delicate shade of pink and they were soooo fragrant. The calla lillies ensconced among the peonies just perfected the look, and I couldn't help but prance around the room with my bouquet. hahaha! All the girls were oohing and aahing over the flowers. No sign of Denise yet, so the coords text her and she's in the south super highway na daw.
11am
Still no sign of Denise. Coords call her and she's almost there na daw. I'm still calm. The coords call Jollibee to order lunch for everyone.
1115am
Denise and her assistant Weng finally arrive. She apologizes but I'm too happy to even care. They start on my hair na.
1130am
Jong arrives with his team of 8, and suddenly, the room is charged with excitement. Me? Still calm. I wear na my pink fluffy robe given by my bestfriend Ella, and then I realized it was sooo thick talaga and I started to feel warm. Fuck, it was hot in that robe! hahaha! So I had them turn up the aircon so I could be more comfortable. While my hair was being done, I was chatting with everyone and I was just so happy. Shortly after, a delivery came. When I opened the box, it was 2 dozen white roses from w@wie Pebbles (ni Mike)! I was so touched!!!
12noon
Lunch arrives, and I'm quite pleased that my last meal as a single woman was Jollibee's Chickenjoy. hahahaha! While I was having lunch with rollers in my hair, Denise was already working on my mom's makeup.
1pm
Denise finally started on my makeup. Jong was with us, and super kwentuhan kaming tatlo! My former boss also calls me from Moscow to congratulate me. So sweet!
230pm
3 out of the 4 Impromptu ladies leave na for the church to start preparations. Lai, the 4th Impromptu lady, stayed with me to help me with whatever I need.
3pm
My hair and makeup is finally done, and Denise starts on my mother-in-law. My wedding was at 330pm, and by this time, we're already supposed to be leaving for the church. Jong is going crazy taking pictures of me and everyone else in the room, because we were all starting to rush na. I start to get in my gown na, and I remember someone putting on my shoes for me, then I get a call from my brother. He made the AVP for our wedding, and there was a problem. The AVP had 3 parts, one about me, one about Schmuck, and the third about the two of us na. The files with our individual parts got corrupted, and the only one working was the segment about the two of us. I told myself that we still had that one segment which is still ok, and it's something we should be thankful for.
Shortly afterwards naman, I receive a call from Rosan, Alex Franco's wife. The flowers that were supposed to be reserved for the cake were all wilted, and Alex had no flowers to use for the cake. OMG!!! I don't remember na what I told Rosan and Alex, but I already had thoughts of a wedding with no cake. But I kept reminding myself that what's important is that Roland and I are finally getting married, so I passed on the phone to Lai and let them handle the problem. Thank God talaga that we got OTD coords!
We finally left the hotel at 3:20pm. Lai asked me if I was nervous, and I told her that I was still calm. Surprisingly, it was true.
I arrived in St. James at 340pm. I was ten minutes late. I got down from the car, and waited outside the closed doors of the church. I could hear The Soul Brothers playing Canon in D, and Jing (one of the Impromptu ladies) was with me outside. Again I asked her if everything was ok, and she said everything was fine. When she finally told me na "O, sis, malapit ka na", that's when I started to get nervous. Then finally, I heard Dong's band start with I Will Be Here, then the doors started opening.
From hereon, I only remember bits and pieces. I remember praying that I don't trip as I took my first step. I remember looking around and seeing so many of my friends smiling at me, with tears in their eyes and running down their cheeks. I remember looking forward and seeing my parents waiting for me, my mom already crying. I remember telling my dad to wait cause he was walking so fast. hahahahaha! Then I remember looking on and seeing my groom. He was smiling at me, and I remember thinking how cute Schmuck's dimples were. With my groom smiling at me, I moved steadily forward and I remember tears starting to fill my eyes and feeling a huge lump in my throat. When I got to the altar, I kissed my parents and when Schmuck reached for me, he smiled at me and whispered "Don't cry, baby." I knew then that I would love him forever.
From thereon, everything was a blur, with bits and pieces lang that I remember distinctly in my mind. There were hitches, but to us, everything was perfect! As I write this wedding kwento and reminisce, I feel the kilig and the butterflies in my tummy all over again, and the feeling is priceless. As every married w@wie has said before me...ang sarap magpakasal!
And with that, I bid everyone goodbye! It was a wonderful rollercoaster ride, and one that I know I will miss. I hope everyone has as much fun as I did during the wedding preps. In advance, congratulations for what I know will be a beautiful wedding...and it's because you're a w@wie. When it comes to weddings, w@wies know. Diba? =)
Hope to see you guys in
n@w very soon!
tin ni roLand
04.30.05
st. james / the palms
http://schmuckslife.blogspot.com/
*****from
w@wie to
n@wie. it's a whole new different ballgame now.
bring it on!!!